The Saratogian has been published daily since 1855, first as The Daily Saratogian, and then as The Saratogian beginning in 1910. It covers all of Saratoga County, New York and specifically the city of Saratoga Springs. It includes the Pinksheet in the summer, which has information about what will happen at the Saratoga Race Course that very day.
Current and archived issues for the previous 6 months are located in the Periodical section on the Second Floor.
The Saratoga Springs Public Library carries the Saratogian on microfilm from 1855 - April 2023. Microfilm readers are located near the public computers on the Second Floor and do not require a library card to use.
Black & white printing is available for 15¢ per page or you may download to a flash drive.
NY Historical Newspapers has online access to The Daily Saratogian from 1855-1910 and Fulton History has online access to The Daily Saratogian 1884-1910, Daily Saratogian Republican 1844-1864, and Saratogian 1856-1970.
Patrons can also visit the Clifton Park-Halfmoon or Crandall Public Library to access the Newsbank database in-house, which has online access to full text articles 2003 - current.